Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Day 6 14/3/09 - USA

Buffalo -> Niagara -> Buffalo

Highlight

  • Got up nice and early, and it was a beautiful day. So caught the bus from Niagara Sq and Niagara Street to the Fashion Outlets of Niagara Falls.
  • The 1.5 hr trip, including a bus change, was interesting….but it only costs me $4 instead of about $80 if I caught a cab.
  • The outlet mall was smaller than I thought, but that was good as I only allowed myself 3 hrs there. There was so many good stuff, if only the £ was stronger. I bought tons at the Saks Outlet store. Managed to pick up a lot of good quality bags, 2 at Johnston and Murphy. The Coach store had so many people and a huge line, and a lot of Chinese people in there of course. Being Chinese, I had to join the crowd and picked up 2 bags for myself.
  • Laden with bags, I hopped on another bus to see Niagara Falls proper. I have to say, the views from the US side is not very spectacular. One time I must go over to Canada to have a look. Still, the amount of water was very impressive, and it was cool to see all the ice and snow that’s formed around the mountain.
  • Went for a walk around the island. As soon as you are away from the main viewing area, the crowd thins out, and you can have a nice time wondering around.
  • I was going to stay until night time for the illumination, but I had already finished looking at everything and all the attractions were closed, so I decided to head back early and save the illumination for another trip.
  • Lee San bailed on dinner again, so I made my way to the Buffalo Chop House. The service was very good, and more importantly, the food tasted wonderful and the service was fast. Makes it easier when you are eating alone.

Food

  • Hyatt breakfast:
    • scrambled eggs, potatoes, bacon, sausauge
    • French toast and maple syrup
    • fresh fruit
  • Buffalo Chophouse dinner:
    • Filet Mignon 10 oz ($38.00) aged USDA prime beef
    • Steamed Asparagus with Hollandaise Sauce ($9.50)

No comments: