Time
The lines were really slow and long, so I was pretty frustrated.
Rating - 2.5
Comfort
We were originally in the 2 middle seats out of the 4, but fortunately we were able to swap for the 1 side aisle seat instead. We got to sit next to some interesting Canadians, a mum and her son, traveling back home. The mum used to be a flight attendant and spoke fluent German. I watched them try to get upgrades but it didn't work. They laughed really loud at Rumours Has It, so I don't know about their taste...Speaking of movies, their entertainment program was pretty bad. I've seen both the movies and Harry Potter before, and it was really difficult to see the screen from my seat. One thing I have to commend them for is the set up of the toilet area (very important!), it was in one big space downstairs where you wait. It was pretty quick and there are refreshments available while you wait (the setup is better than it sounds!)
In terms of seating and gifts, by this time we knew what to expect from Lufthansa flights.
Rating - 3
Service
The staff were friendlier at the airport and more lenient, except for the cold no word dude at passport control. One particular air steward by the name of Alex M deserved special mention for his good looks, charming and friendly manner and efficiency. I didn't see any rings on his finger and two ladies were openly flirting with him and he played along...
I'd come to expect this from Lufthansa, they were able to handle the request for new headphones while they were also serving lunch...if I'd asked Qantas...well...
Rating - 4.5
Allowance/Gifts
We had no problems with the 43kg and the extra hand carry.
Rating - 3.5
Food
The usual excellent standard from Lufthansa (See list). The bread roll was dry but they had that morish chocolate cake again...I didn't drink the beer this time though...
Rating - 4.5
Value
This was our 5th leg of our Round the World Fare with Lufthansa, which costs a total of $1779 + $665 in taxes, not bad for the amount of travel you get. We could've got it cheaper but Flight Centre ripped us off.
Rating - 4.5
Jumbo Points - 21.5
Info
Frankfurt -> Vancouver
Website
No comments:
Post a Comment