Time
Because of the rain we actually took off half hour late, which was again fine by me because I was stuck in traffic and had to do another mad dash to the gate. Luckily Virgin has now implemented web check-in so I was able to walk straight to security, saving a lot of time. We didn’t arrive that much later though, only 15 mins, so we were still able to make our appointment.
Rating - 2.5
Comfort
I don’t think I really need to comment on this one any longer, having flown so many Virgin flights. This time we had a spare seat between us so it was much more comfy.
Rating - 4
Service
The crew were surprisingly low key. Usually they have some funny stories to tell, but I think because we took off late and they were in a rush, so they wanted to hurry and get everything done to meet their on time demand.
Rating - 3.5
Allowance/Gifts
This flight has the new “live TV” implemented, i.e. there is a screen on each seat where you get a choice of 30 channels. We were given free headphones and there is a review of the channels before take-off. I tried out a few channels, namely the news and the Lifestyle channels, and found it quite good. However, once we took off, you had to pay $6 for the service, which is ok of course. However, it meant that all the radio channels are disabled so you can’t actually listen to anything.
Rating - 3.5
Food
The usual stuff available, which I didn’t try.
Rating - 2.5
Value
This was bought on a Blue Saver, for $159. I didn’t have to pay for it anyway.
Rating - 4.5
Jumbo Points - 20.5
Info
Sydney -> Hobart
24 Apr 07, 8:55 - 10:45
Website
No comments:
Post a Comment