Day 48 10/5/06 - England
London
Highlight
- By some stroke of luck, Slokky and I got to tour Goldman Saches. It has an excellent gym, better than any FF I've been to, and the canteen was great too. But the highlight has to be a chance meeting, for about a second or so, of Chris. He def looks better than his picture.
- At least we got some good weather today, even though it's the last day of England.
- Visited another TopShop, this one was huge, by that I mean at least 3 floors, but I couldn't find anything to buy.
- Took a long walk along the Thames, visited St James Park and place, Buckingham Palace (and no, we didn't see the Queen, or Prince William, we didn't even see the changing of the guard...shows how much we care about that place), and Hyde Park.
- We found a very cool supermarket and got some Ben & Jerrys as well as my Green & Black chocolate.
- Toured some poshy food stores, Harrods and Fortum & Mason. You can get just about anything that's available in Europe, for a very expensive price.
- Our last night, I'm going to miss Aileen's musings and complaints, as well as eating home-cooked food.
Food
- Bread with sundried tomatoes.
- Tandoori chicken with couscous and cougettes (3.95).Roll with salted beef and mustard.
- Aileen's dinner:
- leftovers
- chilli steak
- cauliflowers with mushrooms and fishcakes
- Japanese pasty cakes.
No comments:
Post a Comment