Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Day 50 12/5/06 - Germany

Munich

Highlight

  • Schloss Nymphenburg - a very grand palace situated very close to Munich. Unfortunately, the huge crowd of very noisy tourists ruined the experience.
  • It was a beautiful day to walk through the numerous gardens: the landscaped garden that is part of Schloss Nymphenburg, and Englischer Garten - with a huge beer hall right in the centre.
  • Going to the "world cup final" Alliance stadium, which looks like a giant car tyre. Two teams, FC Bayen Munich (red) and 1826 (blue) play here. The outside of the stadium changes colour according to the team that is playing.
  • Dinner at another Bib Gourmande. Eating in Germany is very expensive, you won't find mains for under 10 Euros, and you're looking at 20 Euros for a better restaurant. Oh, and they charge a LOT, for water. We were charged 5.5 Euros for 1.5L of water, it's actually cheaper drinking beer. I'm sad to report that even though the price is higher, the quality is not as good as Italy, and the meat doesn't have the meaty taste like Oz meat. It's asparagus season, which means you see asparagus everywhere, street stores, farms, restaurants... The Germans certainly have good English, but when I think that I spent more money eating in this restaurant than I do eating at Est or Claudes, I just can't enjoy myself.

Food

  • Bread with peach jam, sauce, olive oil, liver sausage, pate spread, pork sausage.
  • Ritter Sport Figs (.69).
  • Birthday cake with cream and kirche (2.55).
  • Apple juice.
  • Ritter Sport Peanut crunch (.69)
  • Bread with olive oil.
  • Asparagus with hollandaise sauce (12.9).
  • Venison in wine reduction (22.5).
  • Black pork cutlet (23.5).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great site lots of usefull infomation here.
»