Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Albergo Il Sole


Room

A pretty big room with a big bed and firm pillow, plus extra blankets. Decor wise, things could be better. There was no carpet but this worn green lino thing on the floor that had little pot holes. The furnishing were all very worn.

Rating - 3

Facilities

This was only a 2 star hotel, so everything was very basic. The worst thing was that we weren't allowed to use the lift so had to lug our suitcases all these giant staircases. Our room was basic, by that I mean no TV, phone, iron...etc, but all we really needed was a bed, chairs and table really. At least they cleaned the room and we had towels everyday! I was there was a fridge or Internet though.

This was a family run place so they were very friendly and helpful. Over our 3 nights stay we met most members of the family. Slokky had a big football and F1 conversation with them too.

Rating - 2

Location

Right in the heart of the city centre, it was also about 10 minutes walk from La Spezia station. There's a lovely park across the street and the ocean is not too far away either.

Rating - 3.5

Value

You pay for the location I guess. This place served its purpose, but could be cheaper. I think because of the Easter holidays we were charge peak season rate.

Rating - 2.5

Snooze Points - 11

Info

Via Felice Cavallotti, 31
19121 La Spezia,
Italia
Phone +39 0187 735164
Website

No comments: