Time
I checked in nice and early, Jburg airport was very efficient, so I spent a lot of time at the airport. Luckily the airport is quite nice. The staff warned you at check-in that they don't have boarding calls so you just have to be at the gate. So, they got us on the bus, transferred the 10 or so of us out to the plane, only to be fold by the captain that the flight would be delayed because of a missing part, but that we could have a free coffee on the airline. I was fine with it since I had nothing to do at Vic Falls anyway, so they decided to take us to the BA lounge. I got a drink and started using the Internet, I wasn't interested in eating anything. Anyway, I was typing away, and next thing I know, I was the only one in the lounge. It seemed that the ground crew knew the plane was ready and didn't bother to inform me. If I had not looked around, I would have missed my flight. I was told when I asked the staff at the BA Lounge that I had to run to the gate (which was very far away) as quickly as possible or I would miss the flight.
Rating - 0
Comfort
Well, the BA Lounge was nice enough. It's quite small but then again there weren't any people there anyway. Everything seems to be serve yourself as it was minimally staffed. I was there for such a short time I didn't even get the chance to use the toilets.
There were so little people on the flight that we were spread out all throughout the plane, there were heaps and heaps of legroom for some reason too. In fact, there was so much space between the seats that I actually had to lean forward off my seat to use the tray table. The flight was pretty comfy for a small plane. The coat hook was very useful, but there was no footrest (not that I could've reached it anyway!).
Rating - 4
Service
Well, you can definitely see the difference. The captain was very nice, apologetic and informative. The cabin crew were ok, below the SA standard I was getting at the hotels and shopping malls, but they were pretty rude to me when I asked for a drink. Gees, there were 3 of them serving like 10 people! And don't get me started about those idiotic ground crew...hmmm, maybe I should file a complaint...people always seem to get free stuff out of them.
Rating - 1
Allowance/Gifts
Well, as usual, I had nothing to check in anyway. You don't get any comforts for such a short flight.
Rating - 3
Food
The food was terrible! A very bland and dry pita bread that had a whole in it and wasn't cut properly, so the filling was already falling out before you started eating it.
Rating - 1
Value
This was ZAR 1288. About 210 AUD.
Rating - 1
Jumbo Points - 10
Info
Johannesburg -> Victoria Falls
29 Sep 07, 09:15 - 10:50
Website
No comments:
Post a Comment