Monday, October 15, 2007

Etihad Airways Flight EY601

Time

There was a short wait at check-in, but otherwise the fligth was very on time. In fact, the captain informed us that there was absolutely no wind and the weather was great, so we would arrive right on time. Great! More time for me to go on the Internet on my stopover!

Rating - 5

Comfort

This Airbus A332 was like the others. I was originally seated next to this woman, but she wanted to sit next to her lover, so she wanted me to swap seats with her. I happily obliged as it was another relatively empty flight, so I was able to move to an aisle seat. Well, this out that didn't do much good as the selfish guy on the row of four decided that he would take up 3 seats to sleep on, leaving me squashed on one anyway. Plus, he kept farting the whole way!

I was disappointed they didn't have the v-cam on, but I watched Mr Brooks (excellent), License to Wed (lame), He was a Quiet Guy (weird but compelling).

Rating - 4

Service

I couldn't understand the guy at the check-in counter at all. I had to ask him all sorts of information about my flight and transfer. I asked if I had to pick up my own luggage and he didn't answer properly, so I just hope things are like last time, and my stuff will get to London. Good thing it's the end of my trip so I don't really care that much. The staff on board were great as usual, but they didn't bring around as much drinks as I liked, plus there were no ice-creams. The captain was informative and clear as usual.

Rating - 3.5

Allowance/Gifts

I checked in again with only 15kg of luggage, and got the same eye patch things. The only difference was they had the blankets all wrapped up - I wonder if I can take one of those?

Rating - 3

Food

Well, the hot meal was better than the other flight, so maybe I just chose correctly this time. No ice cream so I was disappointed. The snack of sandwiches were very un-exciting.

Rating - 3

Value

Part of my 439 Pound flight deal.

Rating - 3

Jumbo Points - 21.5

Info

Johannesburg -> Abu Dhabi
14 Oct 07, 10:30 - 20:15
Website

No comments: