Sunday, October 04, 2009

Day 10 1/7/09 - USA

Buffalo

Highlight

  • So the problems start again, and I spent all morning running around trying to solve it.
  • They were celebrating Wimbledon…and I miss out on all the fun, but did get to have really sweet strawberries and cream. Could’ve had my picture taken with the Wimbledon trophy but didn’t want to line up.
  • Then spent all afternoon doing stupid mapping rules and my brain turned to mush.
  • Another long day because we were finally going to Mothers. I had heard such good things about it, but read reviews about how the service was crap. Well, the place was so weird! The waiters were really bad, they just ignore you all the time, and don’t deliver. The restaurant has an intimate setting, but they turn the music up really loud and the tables are really close to one another.
  • The food – appetisers were good, the soup was so,so, and the mains had nice potatoes. The lamb was tasty, but was really fatty, and wasn’t cooked to order. I ordered medium well, but it was much closer to medium. Good thing they gave you a lot, so I could leave all the red bits.

Food

  • Doubletree breakfast:
    • Fresh Squeezed Orange Juice ($2.25)
    • HC Baked Blueberry French Toast: 2 slices of French toast baked with light cream cheese, blueberries, nutmeg, cinnamon, vanilla, light sour cream and fat-free yogurt. Topped with confectioner sugar and maple syrup ($8.95)
  • salad with roasted vegetables, Asian dressing, cucumber
  • strawberries and cream
  • Mothers dinner:
    • bread with butter
    • St Louis ribs with mustard sauce and coleslaw
    • Sausage stuffed portabello mushroom
    • mushroom and asparagus soup
    • 8 oz lamb chops with masala wine sauce, green beans and roast potatoes

No comments: