Sunday, October 04, 2009

Day 2 23/6/09 - USA

Buffalo

Highlight

  • Worst jet-lag ever, but probably because I slept so early the night before, so I woke up at 3am.
  • Ended up going for breakfast very early (omelette was so bland, maybe I chose the wrong stuff) and going to work early.
  • Got the shuttle to work, which was nice and convenient.
  • Work was a bummer…food was not appealing at the canteen as usual.
  • Worked until 7pm, then Andrew told me he didn’t want to go out.
  • So I tried to book a shuttle to drive me out, but they somehow mucked up, so I ended up having to wait another 15 minutes.
  • By that time I was so hungry I really didn’t want to have to travel out, so I ate at the hotel instead.
  • The front desk guy felt sorry for me so my meal was on the house – which really didn’t benefit me at all…and I couldn’t complain when my food arrived so slowly since my meal was already free.
  • Good thing though that the food was very nice, as opposed to breakfast.
  • This also meant that I wasted enough time and was able to get to bed at 10pm instead of 8pm.

Food

  • Doubletree breakfast:
    • Mushroom & Cheese Omelet with Swiss cheese ($7.95)
    • Wholemeal Toast with Strawberry Jam
    • Fresh Squeezed Orange Juice ($2.25)
  • pitta bread with chicken, cucumber, tomato, artichoke, olives and pepper on raita sauce
  • grapefruit juice
  • Doubletree dinner:
    • clam chowder with bread
    • Mediterranean Chicken Salad marinated chicken served atop a bed of greens with feta cheese, black olives, cucumbers, tomatoes, red onions and greek dressing

No comments: