Sunday, October 04, 2009

Day 5 26/6/09 - USA

Buffalo

Highlight

  • Another problem filled day at work, and wanted to relax because it was Friday as well!
  • Got held up at work, and then had to wait ages for the shuttle again, so didn’t make it to Albright Knox until very late, about 8:15. There were a few people dining at Muse still, but unfortunately, it was also the day for the NHL draft party, so the menu was hockey themed, which I didn’t liket at all.
  • Nevertheless, the food arrived super quick, so I was able to finish dinner before 9pm and still have some time to browse the gallery.
  • There were a few gems, along them good pop art and 60s album cover display, and a small selection of Modern classics from the Masters. I also enjoyed the exhibition on Frida Khao.
  • Managed to almost finish the whole gallery before I got picked up, only having to rush the last few pieces. So all in all, a good visit.

Food

  • Doubletree breakfast:
    • Fresh Squeezed Orange Juice ($2.25)
    • Fresh Fruit Cup ($3.25)
    • HC Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal ($2.25) with banana
  • fish sandwich, coleslaw, carrots and broccoli
  • Muse dinner:
    • Buffalo chicken Wing Chowder ($6)
    • Fresh P.E.I Mussels steamed in Canadian Beer with crispy bacon and cheddar, caramelized onion ($10)

No comments: