Day 11 2/7/09 - USA
Buffalo
Highlight
- Had to update rules some more, but after that, got a relive from testing…etc. So got a chance to catch up on all my other work, thank goodness.
- Made it to the farmers market during a break from the rain. It was really cool. Not that big, but I managed to pick up a few things, and we sat in the sun with our hot dogs and caught the end of the daily music.
- Went inside some of the buildings, and got myself an ice-cream sundae from the Charlie the Butchers stall.
- Tried to go to Bistro Europa, but found out it was closed, so made do with Casa di Pizza across the street. As soon as I sat down and looked around, I knew I had made a mistake. Every single person eating there was severely overweight…
- The pizza I got, as expected, was really thick and loaded with cheese – but tasted really bland. Maybe I ordered wrong or something but it was so disgusting. I managed to eat about half of the smallest size I could get.
- Watched the exciting Wimbledon semi before doing the laundry and going to bed.
Food
- Doubletree breakfast:
- Fresh Squeezed Orange Juice ($2.25)
- Fresh Fruit Cup
- Corn Muffin
- hot dog with mustard, ketchup, pickle and onions($1.50)
- Charlie the Butcher Mexican Ice Cream Sundae($4.35)
- raspberry, peach, blueberry and cherry cream cheese cookies.($4)
- Casa di Pizzadinner:
- Steak pizza ($15 small) – light olive oil based, grated romano, fresh tomatoes, spinach, onions, thin sliced rib eye steak, topped with Monterey jack, cheddar and mozzarella
No comments:
Post a Comment