Day 1 27/4/09 - USA
London -> Toronto -> Buffalo
Highlight
- Not very impressed by BA, as usual. The lounge had the same sorry state of food, but this time was much more crowded. The massage therapist was much better than last time though and gave me some free samples.
- We got a v old plane. They didn’t even have first class. The seats on Club World weren’t even the new seats and you can’t make them totally horizontal, so you still have to sleep with a tilt. Needless to say, there was no entertainment on demand and I had seen just about every movie they had on offer. I only watched The Reader (it was good!) and that was it. What’s worst, they haven’t even changed the menu from the last time on the flight, and I wanted to order the chicken this time but they didn’t have it available. Food was the same old boring.
- The limo driver this time around was very non talkative, and didn’t even tell me his name. That’s fine by me as I got to read on the way to the hotel.
- Hilton Garden Inn is nothing exciting, but at least it’s a change from the Hyatt I suppose. The room is older, but pleasant enough. I think the good thing is it’s quiet and there aren’t any colleagues staying here.
- Because I was so stranded, I had to order room service for the first time…I wasn’t hungry, but luckily the chilli was really good.
Food
- BA lounge:
- pain au chocolate
- grapefruit juice
- mushroom and tomato baguette
- yoghurt and fresh fruits
- ginger stem biscuit
- BA snack:
- BA lunch:
- Seared Scallops with Fennel and Pesto
- Fresh Seasonal salad served with vinaigrette
- Wild Mushroom Risotto with Broad Beans
- Perigueux Goat’s Cheese and Cropwell Bishop Stilton Served with Savoury Biscuits
- BA snack:
- apple
- Salad of Marinated Feta and Chilli-Roasted Aubergine
- Fruit Scones served Warm with Clotted Cream and Strawberry Preserve
- Sachertorte
- Peppermint Tea
- The Great American Grill:
- Buffalo Chilli ($4.99)
- grapefruit juice ($2)
No comments:
Post a Comment