Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Day 12 8/5/09 - USA, England

Buffalo-> Toronto -> London

Highlight

  • Finally, the last day. It started off badly. I couldn’t sleep and woke up early.
  • As usual they got my dry cleaning bill wrong so I had to redo it.
  • At least it didn’t rain and I lugged my suitcase to work.
  • Andrew did his normal annoying thing so I walked out of a meeting with him. Well, he wasn’t physically there so I didn’t’ really walk out.
  • We had donuts and brownies and cookies today, so I ate a lot to cheer myself up.
  • Nothing much happened, spent another fun lunch with Vince gossiping about work.
  • Said goodbye to everyone and went to catch my ride. It was the same quiet driver again, so I actually managed to read and sleep on the ride back, which had absolutely no traffic.
  • I got to the BA lounge before 5pm, so had heaps of time to enjoy the good food again. The variety was totally different to last time and very yummy as usual.
  • Well, I finally got entertainment on demand, so I watched the beginning of The Reader that I missed before, and then watched Milk, which was very good actually. I also managed to get through about 1/3 of Bride Wars, which was actually not as bad as I thought – possibly because it was set in NYC and I could try to reconginse all the places I’ve been to.
  • The service though, was terrible. I didn’t eat food but asked for hot chocolate, which they didn’t even deliver. I waited and waited, and finally I had to ask. It turns out that they gave my hot chocolate to someone else?!?!
  • They also didn’t have my coat ready when we got off so I had to wait around while they got it and missed the first connecting bus. Luckily there was no line and we landed on time, so I managed to get home just after 8am, using the iris scan of course.

Food

  • Hyatt breakfast:
    • yoghurt with dried fruit and nuts
    • blueberry muffin
    • fresh fruit
  • clam chowder
  • chocolate brownie
  • BA lounge:
    • boccochini and tomato salad
    • tuna and bean salad
    • Caesar salad
    • tortellini with alfredo sauce, vegetable, sausage and chicken
    • lemon slice
    • brie, Leicester and blue with fruit and crackers
  • BA snack:
    • hot chocolate with warm chocolate chip cookie
  • BA breakfast:
    • fruist smoothie
    • fresh seasonal fruit
    • warm bacon roll with tomato ketchup
    • croissant

No comments: