Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Day 5 1/5/09 - USA

Buffalo

Highlight

  • The weather was terrible, raining and foggy.
  • Everyone was having a really relaxing day since there were no testing, and I didn’t do anything, since I have to wait for Andrew to respond anyway.
  • Had a v long lunch with Vince, gossiping about work. I had the fish fried too, which was much better than the stuff from the London office, but otherwise uninspiring.
  • Everyone knocked off at 4pm, and I didn’t want to hang around, so actually went back to hotel to swim and pack stuff and get stuff ready before going off to see Seinfeld.
  • Shea’s Performing Arts Theatre was packed to the rafters, and people seemed very determined to have a good time. Some random guys started talking to me and asking whether Seinfeld actually played the saxophone?!?!
  • Anyway, Seinfeld, I thought he wasn’t that funny with his scripted material, but the parts where he interacted with the audience was great. He’s a very smart guy, and I can’t believe he’s actually 55. The show lasted about 90 minutes, with Jerry on for about 60 of those. I probably won’t go and see him again but at least I can tick it off the list.
  • Afterwards, Hans took me to the Chinese restaurant that he said is the best in Buffalo. It turned out to be a buffet…but I ordered from the menu. The food was very Westernised Chinese, but at least it was fresh.
  • So my plans for an early night didn’t eventuate, but I enjoyed myself anyway.

Food

  • Hilton breakfast:
    • fresh fruit
    • waffle with blueberry jam and cream
    • vegetable mix
  • fried fish with coleslaw and chips
  • New Fuji Buffet:
    • Stir-fried chicken with broccoli and rice

No comments: