Day 1&2 7/8/11 to 8/8/11 - Hong Kong
London -> Hong Kong
Highlight
- Got to Heathrow very early and managed to buy all of Darko’s stuff.
- The Lounge was relatively busy, I tried to get a facial but they were already closed and only doing chair massage. The service was so bad no one even greeted me when I left.
- Ate a bit, but then had to up and go as transiting from B.
- Upper deck was fun. No one was sitting next to me so it was like my own little hub.
- They served me the wrong thing for dinner but it was quickly fixed.
- I didn’t manage to get much sleep because of the turbulence, I kept waking up and falling back to sleep.
- Watched Hanna and most of Kung Fu Panda 2.
- It was so quick to go through the airport, the longest wait was for my bag, which was still quick. The airport express was also very good.
- Had to walk a bit of a way to get to the Hotel, but check in was smooth.
- Room was very nice (no harbour view though), I got tea, fruit and a toy as welcome gift.
- Headed out to try to get a phone card and eat, went to a couple of shops to see if I could get a handbag.
- For some reason, walked into a glass door and smashed my front teeth.
- Couldn’t get it repaired as all the dentists were closed, so also cancelled all my dinner plans.
- After sorting out all the insurance and what to do the next day, went out to dinner. It was not as difficult as I thought to eat, but I stuck with cold stuff. Food was good but I was too stressed to enjoy.
- Couldn’t sleep at all,
Food
- BA lounge: curry chicken, daal, rice, shaved ham, pasta salad, vegetable soup
- BA dinner:
- Chilled Main course salad of Smoked Duck
- BA breakfast:
- orange juice
- fresh fruit
- pastry
- English breakfast of scrambled eggs, grilled bacon, Cumberland sausage, tomato and sautéed potato
- Ye Shanghai
- Chicken with Bean Jelly in Peanut Sauce ($55)
- Cold soy milk ($29)
- Cold eggplant with soy sauce and chilli ($48)
No comments:
Post a Comment