Day 3 9/8/11 - Hong Kong
Hong Kong
Highlight
- Went first thing in the morning to the dentist, and managed to get an appointment for 10am, even went to have some breakfast beforehand.
- They took an x-ray and repaired the teeth. I had hairline fracture over the 2 front teeth, but no root canal damage or infection and slight nerve damage.
- Luckily don't need to do any more than the repair atm but can't chew with the teeth for 2 weeks.
- Need to go the dentist when I get home. After that I can't bite anything hard in case the teeth get weakened. I have to monitor for long term damage and may need to replace whole teeth if root canal gets damaged.
- Finally made it to the office and met everybody. Everyone was old, and relatively friendly, but not brash in that HK style.
- Met Ping, Elain, Elizabeth, Mike Mann, all the HUB team people. It was good to put names to faces. Tried to look at some problems but didn’t get much done and the time passed v quickly.
- I left work 6:45 today and nearly everyone was still there, so looks like I normally won't finish work until 7pm. Looks like I prob won't have time to do much after work except have dinner.
- Tried to go for my walk around Central that I didn’t do yesterday, but realised it was a bad idea because of the humidity, the hills and uneven steps, my high heels and my huge bag. Nevertheless, I tried to go to a Bib but they said pretty much dinner for one would be impossible as you can only get dishes, no rice or noodles. I decided that it was too difficult to eat Chinese by myself, so decided to head back to hotel as by now my heels were hurting.
- Tried my luck at CafĂ© Gray. No luck, so just went to Golden Leaf at hotel. Still ate Chinese by myself, was difficult to chew and couldn’t finish the dishes, but at least I didn’t have to rush.
- Tried to sort out the rest of my admin stuff. Made some plans for the rest of the week. I discovered the pool is outdoors so can't really use it at night even though it's open... also you have to walk pass the buffet to get to it and also everyone from the buffet can watch you swim. I toured the gym, finished sorting my insurance.
Food
- Can-teen:
- Food republic :
- Preserved egg and pork congee ($32), dough stick and chung fun
- Pacific Coffee Co mocha ($31)
- Golden Leaf
- BBQ meat platter with pig skins, chau shiu and duck
- Seasonal vegetables – crab, ham and twin vegetables (broccoli and bok choi) (total $400)
No comments:
Post a Comment